By David E. Cunningham
Read or Download Barriers to Peace in Civil War PDF
Similar violence in society books
Among Stalin's dying in 1953 and 1960, the govt of the Soviet Union published thousands of prisoners from the Gulag as a part of a wide-ranging attempt to opposite the worst excesses and abuses of the former 20 years and revive the spirit of the revolution. This exodus integrated not just sufferers of previous purges but in addition these sentenced for felony offenses.
Within the Americas, debates round problems with citizen's public safety--from debates that erupt after hugely publicized occasions, reminiscent of the shootings of Jordan Davis and Trayvon Martin, to people who frequently dominate the airwaves in Latin America--are ruled via individuals of the center and upper-middle sessions.
In line with media studies, Latin the US is among the such a lot violent areas within the world—a contrast it held during the 20th century. The authors of Violence and Crime in Latin the United States contend that perceptions and representations of violence and crime at once effect such behaviors, growing profound outcomes for the political and social cloth of Latin American international locations.
A clean and interesting background of crime and violence in England during the place of work of the coroner In his attention-grabbing debut, Matthew Lockwood explores the background of crime, murder, and suicide in England over 4 centuries in the course of the workplace of the coroner. whereas the place of work was once validated to enquire violent or suspicious deaths, Lockwood asserts that the calls for of competing events steadily formed its platforms and remodeled England right into a glossy nation ahead of is usually stated.
- Revenge: On the Dynamics of a Frightening Urge and its Taming
- War and Reconciliation: Reason and Emotion in Conflict Resolution (MIT Press)
- Working with Violence: A Contemporary Psychoanalytic Approach (Basic Texts in Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- Youth Gangs, Violence and Social Respect: Exploring the Nature of Provocations and Punch-Ups
- Stop Teaching Our Kids To Kill, Revised and Updated Edition: A Call to Action Against TV, Movie & Video Game Violence
- Emotion and Conflict: How Human Rights Can Dignify Emotion and Help Us Wage Good Conflict: How Human Rights Can Dignify Emotions and Help Us Wage Good Conflict (Contemporary Psychology (Hardcover))
Extra resources for Barriers to Peace in Civil War