By Michele Paludi
A useful advisor to prevention of and reaction to sexual attack on collage campuses, this helpful source can help make sure identify IX compliance—and may also support lessen the prevalence of those all-too-prevalent events.
• Explores the mental dimensions of campus sexual attack because it impacts emotional future health, actual healthiness, occupation improvement, and self-concept
• Integrates 3 major views usually missing in different books at the topic—legal, social technological know-how, and human source management
• contains first-person reviews via interviews with scholars, students, and attorneys
• deals functional suggestions for preventative ways in addition to thoughts for research procedures
• presents pattern regulations and coaching programs
Read or Download Campus Action Against Sexual Assault: Needs, Policies, Procedures, and Training Programs: Needs, Policies, Procedures, and Training Programs (Women's Psychology) PDF
Best violence in society books
Among Stalin's loss of life in 1953 and 1960, the govt. of the Soviet Union published millions of prisoners from the Gulag as a part of a wide-ranging attempt to opposite the worst excesses and abuses of the former twenty years and revive the spirit of the revolution. This exodus incorporated not just sufferers of earlier purges but in addition these sentenced for felony offenses.
Within the Americas, debates round problems with citizen's public safety--from debates that erupt after hugely publicized occasions, reminiscent of the shootings of Jordan Davis and Trayvon Martin, to people who commonly dominate the airwaves in Latin America--are ruled by way of contributors of the center and upper-middle periods.
Based on media reviews, Latin the United States is among the so much violent areas within the world—a contrast it held during the 20th century. The authors of Violence and Crime in Latin the United States contend that perceptions and representations of violence and crime without delay impression such behaviors, growing profound results for the political and social cloth of Latin American international locations.
A clean and interesting heritage of crime and violence in England throughout the workplace of the coroner In his attention-grabbing debut, Matthew Lockwood explores the background of crime, murder, and suicide in England over 4 centuries during the workplace of the coroner. whereas the workplace was once validated to enquire violent or suspicious deaths, Lockwood asserts that the calls for of competing events steadily formed its platforms and reworked England right into a smooth nation in advance of is usually stated.
- "Guns Don't Kill People, People Kill People": And Other Myths About Guns and Gun Control
- Violent Conjunctures in Democratic India (Cambridge Studies in Contentious Politics)
- Through Our Eyes: African American Men's Experiences of Race, Gender, and Violence
- Getting Played: African American Girls, Urban Inequality, and Gendered Violence (New Perspectives in Crime, Deviance, and Law)
Extra resources for Campus Action Against Sexual Assault: Needs, Policies, Procedures, and Training Programs: Needs, Policies, Procedures, and Training Programs (Women's Psychology)