By Shane S. Bush PhD ABPP ABN
"In Neuropsychological perform with Veterans, Bush endeavors to collect a complete account of ways neuropsychological examine, evaluation, and remedy of veterans are impacted by way of army prestige. He succeeds brilliantly with this undertaking...[T]his is a necessary textual content for these operating with energetic responsibility carrier contributors and veterans, and is extremely suggested to all these looking new perspectives."--Journal of the overseas Neuropsychological Society
"In Neuropsychological perform with Veterans, Dr. Shane S. Bush presents a multifaceted review of neuropsychological exams and coverings linked to battle veterans who've suffered from nerve-racking mind damage (TBI) in the course of their service."--Somatic Psychotherapy Today
Traumatic mind harm (TBI), afflicting nearly one 3rd of injured veterans arriving from accountability in Iraq and Afghanistan, is taken into account the signature harm in those conflicts. as well as TBI, signs of posttraumatic pressure sickness (PTSD) and significant melancholy usually afflict those veterans and give a contribution to neurological indicators. this is often the 1st quantity to supply a entire review of neuropsychologically grounded evaluation, remedy, education, and traits for clinicians who paintings with this population.
Encompassing the writings of clinicians and researchers skilled in operating with the Veterans management (VA) inhabitants, the e-book is grounded in an figuring out of the original tradition of the veteran with its really good provider supply equipment and approaches. as well as its concentrate on veterans with TBI, the textual content additionally addresses the review and therapy of getting older veterans of prior army conflicts and of strive against and non-combat veterans with neurological and emotional difficulties relating to getting older, substance abuse, HIV/hepatitis, psychiatric issues, and different difficulties.
- Addresses the starting to be desire for neuropsychological evaluation and therapy of returning veterans in addition to getting older veterans of previous conflicts
- Focuses on tense mind harm, posttraumatic rigidity illness, and significant depression
- Discusses review of malingering (faking); advantages, pension, return-to-work reviews; polytrauma administration; and coaching concerns
- Written by way of clinicians and researchers skilled in operating with veterans
- Edited by way of a neuropsychology expert who's renowned within the VA neighborhood