By Eduardo Moncada
Read or Download Cities, Business, and the Politics of Urban Violence in Latin America PDF
Best violence in society books
Among Stalin's loss of life in 1953 and 1960, the govt. of the Soviet Union published millions of prisoners from the Gulag as a part of a wide-ranging attempt to opposite the worst excesses and abuses of the former 20 years and revive the spirit of the revolution. This exodus incorporated not just sufferers of prior purges but additionally these sentenced for legal offenses.
Within the Americas, debates round problems with citizen's public safety--from debates that erupt after hugely publicized occasions, equivalent to the shootings of Jordan Davis and Trayvon Martin, to people who usually dominate the airwaves in Latin America--are ruled through participants of the center and upper-middle periods.
In response to media studies, Latin the United States is among the so much violent areas within the world—a contrast it held during the 20th century. The authors of Violence and Crime in Latin the United States contend that perceptions and representations of violence and crime without delay impression such behaviors, growing profound results for the political and social cloth of Latin American countries.
A clean and engaging heritage of crime and violence in England in the course of the place of work of the coroner In his interesting debut, Matthew Lockwood explores the heritage of crime, murder, and suicide in England over 4 centuries in the course of the workplace of the coroner. whereas the place of work used to be proven to enquire violent or suspicious deaths, Lockwood asserts that the calls for of competing events steadily formed its platforms and reworked England right into a smooth kingdom just before is often stated.
- Women in Belfast: How Violence Shapes Identity
- Violence and Politics: Globalization's Paradox (New Political Science Reader)
- Frontiers of Violence: Conflict and Identity in Ulster and Upper Silesia, 1918-1922 (Oxford Historical Monographs)
- Holy Horrors: An Illustrated History of Religious Murder and Madness (Great Minds Series)
- Extreme Politics: Nationalism, Violence, and the End of Eastern Europe
- Popular Dissent, Human Agency and Global Politics (Cambridge Studies in International Relations)
Additional info for Cities, Business, and the Politics of Urban Violence in Latin America