By Lisa M. Cuklanz,Heather McIntosh
Read or Download Documenting Gendered Violence: Representations, Collaborations, and Movements PDF
Best violence in society books
Among Stalin's demise in 1953 and 1960, the govt of the Soviet Union published thousands of prisoners from the Gulag as a part of a wide-ranging attempt to opposite the worst excesses and abuses of the former 20 years and revive the spirit of the revolution. This exodus integrated not just sufferers of prior purges but additionally these sentenced for felony offenses.
Within the Americas, debates round problems with citizen's public safety--from debates that erupt after hugely publicized occasions, akin to the shootings of Jordan Davis and Trayvon Martin, to those who usually dominate the airwaves in Latin America--are ruled by way of contributors of the center and upper-middle periods.
In keeping with media stories, Latin the US is among the such a lot violent areas within the world—a contrast it held during the 20th century. The authors of Violence and Crime in Latin the US contend that perceptions and representations of violence and crime without delay effect such behaviors, developing profound outcomes for the political and social cloth of Latin American international locations.
A clean and engaging heritage of crime and violence in England during the workplace of the coroner In his interesting debut, Matthew Lockwood explores the background of crime, murder, and suicide in England over 4 centuries during the workplace of the coroner. whereas the workplace used to be tested to enquire violent or suspicious deaths, Lockwood asserts that the calls for of competing events progressively formed its platforms and remodeled England right into a sleek country just before is usually stated.
- American War Machine: Deep Politics, the CIA Global Drug Connection, and the Road to Afghanistan (War and Peace Library)
- Witnesses to Terror: Understanding the Meanings and Consequences of Terrorism
- Violence and Politics: Globalization's Paradox (New Political Science Reader)
- The Seductions of Quantification: Measuring Human Rights, Gender Violence, and Sex Trafficking (Chicago Series in Law and Society)
- Representations of War, Migration, and Refugeehood: Interdisciplinary Perspectives (Routledge Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Literature)
Extra resources for Documenting Gendered Violence: Representations, Collaborations, and Movements