By Elizabeth Campbell,Luke Eric Lassiter
• Presents ethnography as artistic and crafty instead of analytical or technical
• Emphasises the collaborative nature of ethnography
• Structured routines domesticate sensible event
• Includes a dialogue on indexing and reading undertaking materials
• Provides tips on interview questions and choosing applicable box equipment
Read Online or Download Doing Ethnography Today: Theories, Methods, Exercises PDF
Similar anthropology books
The learn of oral traditions and verbal arts leads into a space of human tradition to which anthropologists are more and more turning their recognition. Oral Traditions and the Verbal Arts presents up to date tips on how you can method the learn of oral shape and their performances, treating either the practicalities of fieldwork and the tools in which oral texts and performances will be saw, accumulated or analysed.
Kinds of plural marriage, or polygamy, are practiced inside of many of the world's cultures and religions. the fantastic version, versatility and suppleness of polygamy underscore that it isn't simply an unique non-Western perform, but in addition exists in smooth Western societies. Polygamy: A Cross-cultural research offers an exam and research of old and modern polygamy.
Urbanization is without doubt one of the most crucial approach happening in African international locations. This publication offers a lucid and informative research of the importance of urbanization for social swap in sub-Saharan Africa, which has very important implications for all constructing areas. initially released in 1974.
Written particularly for classes that disguise organic anthropology and archaeology, this fantastically illustrated new textual content deals the main balanced and up to date creation to our human previous. Devoting equivalent time to organic anthropology and prehistory, this article exposes scholars to the numerous aspects of significant arguable concerns, concerning scholars within the clinical proposal method through letting them draw their very own conclusions.
- Entrancement: The consciousness of dreaming, music and the world
- Jewish Secularity: The Search for Roots and the Challenges of Relevant Meaning
- Negotiating Ethnicity: Second-Generation South Asians Traverse a Transnational World
- Sugar Island Slavery in the Age of Enlightenment: Political Economy of the Caribbean World
Extra resources for Doing Ethnography Today: Theories, Methods, Exercises