By Bonnie Urciuoli
Read Online or Download Exposing Prejudice: Puerto Rican Experiences of Language, Race, and Class PDF
Best anthropology books
The examine of oral traditions and verbal arts leads into a space of human tradition to which anthropologists are more and more turning their awareness. Oral Traditions and the Verbal Arts offers up to date counsel on tips on how to process the research of oral shape and their performances, treating either the practicalities of fieldwork and the tools through which oral texts and performances could be saw, accumulated or analysed.
Kinds of plural marriage, or polygamy, are practiced inside lots of the world's cultures and religions. the superb edition, versatility and suppleness of polygamy underscore that it's not simply an unique non-Western perform, but in addition exists in sleek Western societies. Polygamy: A Cross-cultural research offers an exam and research of ancient and modern polygamy.
Urbanization is likely one of the most vital method happening in African nations. This e-book offers a lucid and informative learn of the importance of urbanization for social switch in sub-Saharan Africa, which has very important implications for all constructing areas. initially released in 1974.
Written particularly for classes that conceal organic anthropology and archaeology, this beautifully illustrated new textual content bargains the main balanced and up to date creation to our human prior. Devoting equivalent time to organic anthropology and prehistory, this article exposes scholars to the various facets of significant debatable concerns, related to scholars within the clinical inspiration method through letting them draw their very own conclusions.
- Popular Fiction and Spatiality: Reading Genre Settings (Geocriticism and Spatial Literary Studies)
- Shifting Contexts: Transformations in Anthropological Knowledge (ASA Decennial Conference Series: The Uses of Knowledge)
- Ethnographies of Reason (Directions in Ethnomethodology and Conversation Analysis)
- Debt - Updated and Expanded: The First 5,000 Years
- Local Welfare Policy Making in European Cities (Social Indicators Research Series)
- Antisemitism and the Constitution of Sociology
Additional resources for Exposing Prejudice: Puerto Rican Experiences of Language, Race, and Class