By Lisa A. Rapp-Paglicci,Albert R. Roberts,John S. Wodarski
Violence understands no limitations. It assaults in faculties, in households, or even within the workforce-places that are supposed to be considered as secure havens. Encompassing the enormity of violence via a entire, biopsychosocial viewpoint, guide of Violence examines group, university, kin, and place of work violence, together with identity, class, prevention, and interview courses and case management.
Written via the top specialists of their fields, this groundbreaking compilation:
* stories how youngsters and kids from violent houses are detrimentally affected in a number of methods, together with brief- and long term outcomes that heavily impair their mental, social, academic, and actual development
* Explores concerns concerning the incidence of household violence in African-American households, featuring an array of theoretical formulations that could end up necessary to practitioners who needs to provider either sufferers and perpetrators
* Examines the superiority of girl juvenile delinquency and studies the literature from a sociological and perform perspective
* specializes in the present tendencies and matters surrounding adolescence gang violence,discussing id, category, and prediction as they relate to gang violence in addition to potent prevention and intervention
* Addresses the identity, type, and prediction of college violence between middle-school and high-school youth
* Covers the vast variety of instances which are categorized as "workplace violence," interpreting the variations in definition and studying the bases for the growing to be incidence of incidents
* Violence inside households throughout the existence span
* Adolescent relationship violence
* Assessing violent behavior
* household violence in Latino cultures
* behavior sickness and substance abuse
* formative years gang violence
* university violence
* fighting office violence
* family violence within the workplace
* and lots more and plenty more
Read Online or Download Handbook of Violence PDF
Best violence in society books
Among Stalin's dying in 1953 and 1960, the govt of the Soviet Union published thousands of prisoners from the Gulag as a part of a wide-ranging attempt to opposite the worst excesses and abuses of the former 20 years and revive the spirit of the revolution. This exodus integrated not just sufferers of earlier purges but in addition these sentenced for felony offenses.
Within the Americas, debates round problems with citizen's public safety--from debates that erupt after hugely publicized occasions, similar to the shootings of Jordan Davis and Trayvon Martin, to those who usually dominate the airwaves in Latin America--are ruled through contributors of the center and upper-middle periods.
In keeping with media stories, Latin the United States is likely one of the such a lot violent areas within the world—a contrast it held in the course of the 20th century. The authors of Violence and Crime in Latin the United States contend that perceptions and representations of violence and crime at once influence such behaviors, developing profound results for the political and social cloth of Latin American international locations.
A clean and interesting historical past of crime and violence in England throughout the place of work of the coroner In his interesting debut, Matthew Lockwood explores the background of crime, murder, and suicide in England over 4 centuries in the course of the workplace of the coroner. whereas the workplace was once demonstrated to enquire violent or suspicious deaths, Lockwood asserts that the calls for of competing events steadily formed its platforms and reworked England right into a smooth country previous to is usually stated.
- Transformations of Security Studies: Dialogues, Diversity and Discipline (PRIO New Security Studies)
- Oil and Insurgency in the Niger Delta: Managing the Complex Politics of Petro-violence (Africa Now)
- Hard Lives, Mean Streets (Northeastern Series on Gender, Crime, and Law)
- L'interpretazione dello spirito del dono (Economia - Monografie) (Italian Edition)
Extra resources for Handbook of Violence