By William C. Dickison
From this contemporary and profusely illustrated booklet, the reader will examine not only the fundamentals, that are amply reviewed, but additionally how plant anatomy is built-in with a large choice of different disciplines, corresponding to plant breeding, forensic research, drugs, foodstuff technological know-how, wooden and fiber items, and the humanities. the writer offers the elemental recommendations and terminology of plant anatomy with a unique emphasis on its value and functions to different disciplines, and addresses the valuable position of anatomy by means of consolidating formerly scattered details right into a unmarried volume.
Integrative Plant Anatomy highlights the real contribution made via learning anatomy to the strategies of a couple of current and destiny difficulties. It succeeds in integrating different components of botany, in addition to the non-biological sciences, the humanities, and various different fields of human endeavor.
- Presents either the classical and smooth ways to the subject
- Teaches the significance of the topic to different disciplines equivalent to the nonbiological sciences, the humanities, and different fields of human endeavor
- Written and arranged to be beneficial to scholars and teachers, but additionally to be obtainable and beautiful to a normal audience
- Bridges the distance among traditional textbooks and finished reference works
- Includes keyword phrases and huge extra readings
- Richly illustrated with line drawings and photographs
Read or Download Integrative Plant Anatomy PDF
Similar botany books
Curiosity in ethnobotany has elevated dramatically in recent times. the hunt for brand new drugs by means of the pharmaceutical has became to plant ordinary items and to ethnobotanical reviews as a primary step in bioprospecting. those reports are creating a invaluable contribution to the cataloguing of organic range and consequently to the conservation of endangered ecosystems and the human societies which rely on them.
Plant improvement and productiveness are negatively regulated through a number of environmental stresses. Abiotic pressure components corresponding to warmth, chilly, drought, and salinity signify key components restricting agricultural productiveness around the globe. hence, constructing crop vegetation being able to tolerate abiotic stresses is a severe desire which calls for smooth novel techniques for the thorough realizing of plant reaction to abiotic stresses.
Assembly the world’s meals protection problem would require a multi-national, collaborative attempt to combine the easiest learn from technological know-how, engineering and socioeconomics in order that technological advances can carry merits the place they're such a lot wanted. the current ebook covers the influence of significant environmental difficulties on crop creation and the way to deal with those concerns for sustainable agriculture and enhancements of plants.
Managed setting directions for Plant study comprises the court cases of the managed Environments operating convention held in Madison, Wisconsin, on March 12-14, 1979. The papers suggest directions for measuring and reporting environmental stipulations in managed setting amenities that have an effect on plant development, together with temperature, radiation, carbon dioxide, soil moisture, atmospheric moisture, and air flow.
- Seed Genomics
- Symplasmic Transport in Vascular Plants
- Flowers on the Tree of Life (Systematics Association Special Volume Series)
- Biodiversity, Biofuels, Agroforestry and Conservation Agriculture: 5 (Sustainable Agriculture Reviews)
- Biology, Physiology and Molecular Biology of Weeds
Additional info for Integrative Plant Anatomy