By CQ Researcher
Do realms have a "Responsibility to Protect"? Can nations heal after atrocities? Who may still freshen up after conflicts finish? those questions—and many more—are on the center of peace and clash reports. This assortment goals to advertise in-depth dialogue, facilitate extra learn and aid readers formulate their very own positions on the most important concerns. it really is meant to be a complement for classes in peace and clash experiences which are provided in departments of psychology, sociology, anthropology, political technology, and throughout all social technological know-how disciplines.
About CQ Researcher Readers
In the culture of nonpartisanship and present research that's the hallmark of CQ Press, CQ Researcher readers examine vital and debatable coverage matters. provide your scholars the balanced reporting, entire overviews, and interesting writing that CQ Researcher has regularly supplied for greater than eighty years. every one article offers large historical past and research of a selected factor in addition to worthy pedagogical gains to encourage severe considering and to aid scholars take hold of and evaluation key material:
- A pro/con field that examines competing facets of a unmarried question
- A targeted chronology of key dates and events
- An annotated bibliography that incorporates internet resources
- An outlook part that addresses attainable law and tasks from
- Capitol Hill and the White residence over the following five to ten years
- Photos, charts, graphs, and maps
Read or Download Issues in Peace and Conflict Studies: Selections From CQ Researcher PDF
Best violence in society books
Among Stalin's loss of life in 1953 and 1960, the govt of the Soviet Union published millions of prisoners from the Gulag as a part of a wide-ranging attempt to opposite the worst excesses and abuses of the former twenty years and revive the spirit of the revolution. This exodus integrated not just sufferers of prior purges but additionally these sentenced for felony offenses.
Within the Americas, debates round problems with citizen's public safety--from debates that erupt after hugely publicized occasions, resembling the shootings of Jordan Davis and Trayvon Martin, to those who regularly dominate the airwaves in Latin America--are ruled by way of participants of the center and upper-middle sessions.
In response to media experiences, Latin the USA is among the so much violent areas within the world—a contrast it held in the course of the 20th century. The authors of Violence and Crime in Latin the US contend that perceptions and representations of violence and crime without delay influence such behaviors, growing profound outcomes for the political and social textile of Latin American international locations.
A clean and interesting background of crime and violence in England in the course of the place of work of the coroner In his interesting debut, Matthew Lockwood explores the historical past of crime, murder, and suicide in England over 4 centuries in the course of the place of work of the coroner. whereas the workplace used to be demonstrated to enquire violent or suspicious deaths, Lockwood asserts that the calls for of competing events steadily formed its structures and reworked England right into a sleek nation just before is often said.
- Victimology: The Essentials
- Sexual Violence during War and Peace: Gender, Power, and Post-Conflict Justice in Peru (Studies of the Americas)
- Psychology of Teen Violence and Victimization, ThThe Psychology of Teen Violence and Victimizatione [2 volumes]
- International Human Rights Law and Domestic Violence: The Effectiveness of International Human Rights Law (Routledge Research in Human Rights Law)
- Relazioni Pericolose: Affascinanti, carismatici e seduttivi. Pericolosi. Come riconoscerli e fuggire da loro (Italian Edition)
- Violence after War
Additional resources for Issues in Peace and Conflict Studies: Selections From CQ Researcher