By Jack Nutting,Peter Clark
The Cocoa frameworks are one of the most robust for growing local OS X apps to be had this day. despite the fact that, for a first-time Mac developer, simply firing up Xcode four and commencing to browse the documentation could be a daunting and problematic activity. The Objective-C category reference documentation by myself could fill hundreds of thousands of revealed pages, let alone the entire different tutorials and courses incorporated with Xcode. the place do you begin? Which periods are you going to wish to exploit? How do you utilize Xcode and the remainder of the instruments?
Learn Cocoa for the Mac, moment version, completely revised for OS X Mountain Lion and XCode 4, solutions those questions and extra, assisting you discover your approach during the jungle of periods, instruments, and new recommendations for you to start at the subsequent nice OS X app this present day. Jack Nutting and Peter Clark are your publications via this wooded area; Jack and Peter have lived right here for years, and may exhibit you which of them boulder to push, which vine to cut, and which flow to drift throughout for you to make it via. you'll examine not just how you can use the parts of this wealthy framework, but additionally which ones healthy jointly, and why.
Jack Nuttings technique, combining pragmatic problem-solving with a deep appreciate for the underlying layout philosophies contained inside of Cocoa, stems from years of expertise utilizing those frameworks. Peter Clark will convey you which ones components of your app require you to leap in and code an answer, and which elements are most sensible served via letting Cocoa take you the place it wishes you to head. the trail over what seems like a mountain of elements and APIs hasn't ever been extra completely ready to your travels. In each one bankruptcy, youll construct an app that explores a number of parts of the Cocoa panorama. With Jacks and Peter's tips, the steep studying curve turns into a enjoyable event. there's nonetheless a lot paintings for the uninitiated, yet by the point youre performed, you'll be good in your technique to changing into a Cocoa master.
What youll learn
- How to successfully use Xcode to make your individual Cocoa applicationsthis is far greater than only a speedy advent to Cocoa!
- How to most sensible use MVC structure suggestions in a Cocoa software
- Which sessions, of the handfuls incorporated in Cocoa, are really imperative to Cocoa improvement.
- How a few of the items of the Cocoa frameworks healthy with one another and into the MVC structure
- Which elements of Cocoa really allow visual programming, letting you make the most of confirmed, reusable code libraries that Apple grants at no cost
- How to acknowledge routine layout styles used all through Cocoa, similar to delegation and key-value coding, and placed them to right use on your personal code
- Where many of the deeper applied sciences, like center information and Cocoa bindings, healthy into your app
- How to exploit the amenities supplied in OS X to create software program that distributes itself immediately between all to be had CPUs, enhancing the person adventure to your clients.
- How to technique Cocoa from diversified programming environments
Who this publication is for
Anyone with a easy realizing of object-oriented programming who desires to test OS X app programming, in addition to iPhone builders who are looking to expand their wisdom of Cocoa contact to incorporate the Mac-specific applied sciences incorporated with Cocoa.
Read Online or Download Learn Cocoa on the Mac PDF
Best software development books
Was once sind Datenbanken, wie entwirft guy eigene Datenbanken und wie kann guy mit ihnen optimum arbeiten? Lebendig und umfassend führt Sie dieses Buch in die Grundlagen von Theorie, Programmierung und dem Entwurf relationaler Datenbanken ein. Aus verschiedenen Perspektiven von Anwendern, Programmierern und Datenbankadministratoren werden die unterschiedlichsten Anforderungen beleuchtet und ein umfassendes Verständnis für die Problematik geweckt.
Die Constraint-Programmierung liefert Methoden zur effizienten Modellierung von Systemen oder zur Lösung von Problemen, für die nur unvollständige Informationen vorliegen. Ebenso hilft sie kombinatorische Probleme zu lösen oder komplexe Deduktionssysteme zu entwickeln. Dieses kompakte Lehrbuch führt in die Constraint-Programmierung ein.
Whereas different textbooks commit their pages to explaining introductory programming strategies, The Python Workbook focuses completely on workouts, following the philosophy that machine programming is a ability top discovered via adventure and perform. Designed to aid and inspire hands-on studying approximately programming, this student-friendly paintings includes 174 routines, spanning numerous educational disciplines and daily occasions.
Dieses Buch vermittelt beispielhaft das notwendige knowledge zum Entwurf und zur Entwicklung verteilter Anwendungen. Die Umsetzung erfolgt mittels der relevanten Middleware-Technologien in Java. Zunächst werden die grundlegenden Verfahren wie Datenaustausch über Sockets, Parallelisierung durch Threads und Synchronisation über Monitore und Semaphore behandelt.
Additional resources for Learn Cocoa on the Mac