By Charlene P. E. Burns
Read or Download More Moral than God: Taking Responsibility for Religious Violence PDF
Similar violence in society books
Among Stalin's demise in 1953 and 1960, the govt of the Soviet Union published millions of prisoners from the Gulag as a part of a wide-ranging attempt to opposite the worst excesses and abuses of the former 20 years and revive the spirit of the revolution. This exodus integrated not just sufferers of earlier purges but in addition these sentenced for felony offenses.
Within the Americas, debates round problems with citizen's public safety--from debates that erupt after hugely publicized occasions, corresponding to the shootings of Jordan Davis and Trayvon Martin, to those who often dominate the airwaves in Latin America--are ruled by way of contributors of the center and upper-middle sessions.
In response to media studies, Latin the USA is without doubt one of the such a lot violent areas within the world—a contrast it held during the 20th century. The authors of Violence and Crime in Latin the United States contend that perceptions and representations of violence and crime without delay effect such behaviors, growing profound results for the political and social cloth of Latin American countries.
A clean and engaging background of crime and violence in England in the course of the workplace of the coroner In his interesting debut, Matthew Lockwood explores the background of crime, murder, and suicide in England over 4 centuries throughout the workplace of the coroner. whereas the workplace used to be verified to enquire violent or suspicious deaths, Lockwood asserts that the calls for of competing events progressively formed its platforms and reworked England right into a glossy country ahead of is often said.
- Drogenkorridor Mexiko: Reportage (German Edition)
- Le llamaban padre: Cuando el horror se disfraza de amor y familia (Spanish Edition)
- Remembering Violence: Anthropological Perspectives on Intergenerational Transmission
- Reinterpreting Revolution in Twentieth-Century Europe (Themes in Focus)
- The Struggle for Memory in Latin America: Recent History and Political Violence (Memory Politics and Transitional Justice)
- Criminal Justice at the Crossroads: Transforming Crime and Punishment
Extra resources for More Moral than God: Taking Responsibility for Religious Violence