By Lata Jagtiani
Read or Download Mumbai Terror Attacks PDF
Best violence in society books
Among Stalin's loss of life in 1953 and 1960, the govt of the Soviet Union published millions of prisoners from the Gulag as a part of a wide-ranging attempt to opposite the worst excesses and abuses of the former 20 years and revive the spirit of the revolution. This exodus incorporated not just sufferers of previous purges but additionally these sentenced for felony offenses.
Within the Americas, debates round problems with citizen's public safety--from debates that erupt after hugely publicized occasions, resembling the shootings of Jordan Davis and Trayvon Martin, to those who commonly dominate the airwaves in Latin America--are ruled by means of contributors of the center and upper-middle periods.
In response to media reviews, Latin the US is likely one of the so much violent areas within the world—a contrast it held through the 20th century. The authors of Violence and Crime in Latin the USA contend that perceptions and representations of violence and crime at once impression such behaviors, developing profound effects for the political and social textile of Latin American international locations.
A clean and interesting heritage of crime and violence in England during the workplace of the coroner In his attention-grabbing debut, Matthew Lockwood explores the heritage of crime, murder, and suicide in England over 4 centuries throughout the place of work of the coroner. whereas the place of work used to be tested to enquire violent or suspicious deaths, Lockwood asserts that the calls for of competing events progressively formed its structures and remodeled England right into a smooth kingdom previous to is often stated.
- Unlocked Memories: Young Russians under German Rule
- Invisible Chains: Overcoming Coercive Control in Your Intimate Relationship
- Sexography: One Woman's Journey from Ignorance to Bliss
- Global Perspectives on Prostitution and Sex Trafficking: Africa, Asia, Middle East, and Oceania
- Women, Insecurity, and Violence in a Post-9/11 World (Gender and Globalization)
- Social Revolutions in the Modern World (Cambridge Studies in Comparative Politics)
Extra resources for Mumbai Terror Attacks