By Lee Ann C. Golper
An up-to-date reference on results in speech-language pathology
Based at the pioneering paintings of Carol C. Frattali,Outcomes in Speech-Language Pathology, moment Edition presents readers with a concentrated, accomplished evaluation of present rules, ideas, and practices bearing on consequence size in speech-language pathology with specific emphasis on healthcare. it's a specific textual content that covers results in speech-language pathology practices in the context of latest concerns throughout paintings settings that come with scientific perform, utilized medical learn, and graduate education.
- The basically textual content that particularly specializes in end result dimension in speech-language pathology
- Major topics from the 1st variation are revisited in gentle of the effect of latest matters and shifts in emphasis in results, together with:
- The prominence of the WHO-ICF as a conceptual version for intervention
- The influence of public regulations and federal mandates
- Emphasis on value-based, affordable medical healthcare providers
- Growing transparency in organizational functionality in accreditation procedures
- The weight at the moment put on sufferer pride and patient-reported results
- Outcomes overview throughout stakeholders at school settings
- Challenges and revised views at the software of evidence-based perform
- Increasing call for for utilized effectiveness examine to notify scientific practices
- Renewed reliance on unmarried topic experimental designs in SLP intervention learn and the applying of N=1 study designs to medical perform
- The becoming emphasis on results in graduate scientific schooling and supervision in addition to in larger education
Directors and executives of medical speech-language pathology courses in healthcare settings in addition to scientific employees and supervisors will locate this publication to be a important table reference and graduate scholars will use it as a key source during their studies.
Read or Download Outcomes in Speech-Language Pathology: Contemporary Theories, Models, and Practices PDF
Similar neuropsychology books
There's a severe, bidirectional courting among sleep and cognition, but the literature during this quarter is scattered, and it's strangely tricky to discover a complete evaluation of the fundamental ideas, most recent discoveries, and extraordinary demanding situations. This factor of development in mind examine is divided over 2 volumes, bringing jointly state-of-the-art learn at the subject within the easy, medical and technologies.
A neurobiological clarification of self-awareness and the states of brain of critically traumatized humans. Cultivation of emotional wisdom is hard, even for these people no longer stricken via critical psychological disorder. This booklet discusses the neurobiology in the back of emotional states and provides workouts for constructing self expertise.
Very important examining for present and destiny addictions remedy cliniciansthis booklet synthesizes and integrates the increasing physique of data approximately mixed trauma/addiction remedy to in particular deal with the desires of clinicians in dependancy therapy environmentsHere, in one resource, is a vital evaluate of trauma therapy for individuals in habit therapy settings.
Chorea: reasons and administration offers a finished and well timed replace for the wide range of neurological stipulations, either inherited and purchased, which bring about this universal hyperkinetic circulation illness. This ebook describes intimately the most recent scientific and etiological information about chorea.
Additional resources for Outcomes in Speech-Language Pathology: Contemporary Theories, Models, and Practices