By Pierre Bourdieu,Richard Nice
Read or Download Outline of a Theory of Practice (Cambridge Studies in Social and Cultural Anthropology) PDF
Similar anthropology books
The learn of oral traditions and verbal arts leads into a space of human tradition to which anthropologists are more and more turning their cognizance. Oral Traditions and the Verbal Arts presents updated counsel on how you can method the research of oral shape and their performances, treating either the practicalities of fieldwork and the equipment in which oral texts and performances may be saw, accrued or analysed.
Kinds of plural marriage, or polygamy, are practiced inside many of the world's cultures and religions. the fantastic version, versatility and flexibility of polygamy underscore that it isn't simply an unique non-Western perform, but in addition exists in glossy Western societies. Polygamy: A Cross-cultural research presents an exam and research of old and modern polygamy.
Urbanization is likely one of the most crucial approach occurring in African international locations. This e-book presents a lucid and informative examine of the importance of urbanization for social swap in sub-Saharan Africa, which has very important implications for all constructing areas. initially released in 1974.
Written in particular for classes that disguise organic anthropology and archaeology, this fantastically illustrated new textual content bargains the main balanced and up to date advent to our human prior. Devoting equivalent time to organic anthropology and prehistory, this article exposes scholars to the numerous facets of significant debatable concerns, regarding scholars within the medical suggestion method by means of permitting them to draw their very own conclusions.
- Development and Social Change: A Global Perspective
- State of the Masses: Sources of Discontent, Change and Stability
- The Mississippi Chinese: Between Black and White
- A Visual Narrative Concerning Curriculum, Girls, Photography Etc. (International Institute for Qualitative Methodology Series)
- Indian Village: Volume 5 (International Library of Sociology)
- After the Crisis: Anthropological Thought, Neoliberalism and the Aftermath (Routledge Studies in Anthropology)
Extra resources for Outline of a Theory of Practice (Cambridge Studies in Social and Cultural Anthropology)