By David Shoemaker
· What does it suggest to be an agent?
· what's the nature of ethical accountability? Of felony accountability? what's the relation among ethical and felony accountability (if any)?
· what's the relation among accountability and the metaphysical problems with determinism and loose will?
· What do a number of mental issues let us know approximately service provider and responsibility?
· How do ethical brokers improve? How does this developmental tale endure on questions about the character of ethical judgment and responsibility?
· What do the consequences from neuroscience suggest (if something) for our questions about enterprise and responsibility?
OSAR therefore straddles the parts of ethical philosophy and philosophy of motion, but additionally attracts from a various variety of cross-disciplinary assets, together with ethical psychology, psychology right (including experimental and developmental), philosophy of psychology, philosophy of legislations, felony conception, metaphysics, neuroscience, neuroethics, political philosophy, and extra. it's unified by means of its concentrate on who we're as deliberators and (inter)actors, embodied useful brokers negotiating (sometimes
unsuccessfully) a global of ethical and felony norms.
Read or Download Oxford Studies in Agency and Responsibility Volume 4 PDF
Similar ethics & morality books
Laurie Johnson investigates Enlightenment-era reactions to honor in Locke and Rousseau. She offers an in-depth research of ways political philosophers John Locke and Jean-Jacques Rousseau react otherwise to where and value of honor in society. Locke keeps the craze of rejecting honor as a way of accomplishing order and justice in society, who prefer as an alternative the trendy motivation of rational self-interest.
This ebook arises out of papers added on the international Congress of the overseas Society of commercial, Economics and Ethics (ISBEE) held in Cape city in 2008. There are sections. First, a few key papers supply an perception into worldwide enterprise, wealth creation and welfare matters with specific connection with the African continent - applicable for a Congress that was once established in South Africa and drew extensive participation from African students.
There's a turning out to be flow to include religion and spirituality within the office, to do issues higher, to make use of the entire human services of staff, and to actually revolutionize the function of commercial on this planet. developing Enlightened firms is the 1st ebook to supply a really complete method of growing a company designed to unharness complete human power within the place of work.
Facharbeit (Schule) aus dem Jahr 2014 im Fachbereich Ethik, , Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Mehr Respekt, bitte! Keinen Auslauf, quälende Zucht und Transporte, permanenter Leistungsstress: Wir bestimmen darüber, wie Tiere leben. Aber wir haben auch die Verantwortung für sie. Können wir auch ohne Massentierhaltung satt werden?
- An Eye for an Eye?: The Immorality of Punishing by Death (Modernity and Political Thought)
- Principled Ethics: Generalism As a Regulative Ideal
- Needs and Moral Necessity (Routledge Studies in Ethics and Moral Theory)
- The Ethics of War: Shared Problems in Different Traditions
Additional resources for Oxford Studies in Agency and Responsibility Volume 4