By Shane O'Neill,Nicholas H. Smith
Read or Download Recognition Theory as Social Research: Investigating the Dynamics of Social Conflict PDF
Best violence in society books
Among Stalin's dying in 1953 and 1960, the govt of the Soviet Union published thousands of prisoners from the Gulag as a part of a wide-ranging attempt to opposite the worst excesses and abuses of the former twenty years and revive the spirit of the revolution. This exodus integrated not just sufferers of prior purges but additionally these sentenced for legal offenses.
Within the Americas, debates round problems with citizen's public safety--from debates that erupt after hugely publicized occasions, equivalent to the shootings of Jordan Davis and Trayvon Martin, to those who usually dominate the airwaves in Latin America--are ruled by way of individuals of the center and upper-middle sessions.
In keeping with media experiences, Latin the USA is likely one of the such a lot violent areas within the world—a contrast it held through the 20th century. The authors of Violence and Crime in Latin the US contend that perceptions and representations of violence and crime without delay impression such behaviors, growing profound results for the political and social textile of Latin American countries.
A clean and interesting historical past of crime and violence in England throughout the place of work of the coroner In his attention-grabbing debut, Matthew Lockwood explores the heritage of crime, murder, and suicide in England over 4 centuries in the course of the place of work of the coroner. whereas the place of work was once tested to enquire violent or suspicious deaths, Lockwood asserts that the calls for of competing events progressively formed its structures and reworked England right into a sleek kingdom prior to is usually stated.
- Armed Actors: Organized Violence and State Failure in Latin America
- The Young Turks' Crime against Humanity: The Armenian Genocide and Ethnic Cleansing in the Ottoman Empire (Human Rights and Crimes against Humanity)
- Understanding Civil Wars: Continuity and change in intrastate conflict (Routledge Studies in Civil Wars and Intra-State Conflict)
- Walking Prey: How America's Youth Are Vulnerable to Sex Slavery
- Anti-Semitism on the Campus: Past and Present (Antisemitism in America)
- American Memories: Atrocities and the Law (The American Sociological Association's Rose Series in Sociology)
Additional resources for Recognition Theory as Social Research: Investigating the Dynamics of Social Conflict