By James Fieser,John Powers
Read or Download Scriptures of the World's Religions PDF
Similar religious studies books
What's Ecumenism? How and whilst did it commence? What are its pursuits and the way will they impact the way forward for the Christian church buildings? This booklet solutions those questions and examines the awesome tale of recent encounters among Orthodox, Roman Catholic, Anglican, outdated Catholic, and so much Protestant church buildings.
A desirable and deeply informative learn that is going means past the traditional ‘all one race’ end. Combines sensitivity with a rejection of ‘political correctness’. This blow-by-blow journey of race-related matters internationally, with amazingly apt anecdotes and analogies revealing a wealth of study and existence event, is in contrast to the other construction booklet you’ve ever learn.
The historiography of African religions and religions in Africa provides a notable shift from the examine of 'Africa as item' to 'Africa as Subject', therefore translating the topic from obscurity into the worldwide group of the tutorial research of faith. This ebook provides a different multidisciplinary exploration of African traditions within the examine of faith in Africa and the recent African diaspora.
Pairing cultural research in city contexts with interdisciplinary techniques to political tradition, this e-book argues that fresh cultural creation in Spain grapples with the stipulations and probabilities for social transformation in discussion with the continuing drawback, neoliberal governance, and political tradition in Spain's democratic heritage.
- Religion and Emotion: Approaches and Interpretations
- A New Science of Religion (Routledge Studies in Religion)
- Priests, Witches and Power: Popular Christianity after Mission in Southern Tanzania (Cambridge Studies in Social and Cultural Anthropology)
- True Bible Study - Revelation of Jesus Christ
- Maya Exodus: Indigenous Struggle for Citizenship in Chiapas
- Religion Enters the Academy: The Origins of the Scholarly Study of Religion in America (George H. Shriver Lecture Series in Religion in American History)
Extra resources for Scriptures of the World's Religions