By Andrew R. Murphy
- This spouse tackles probably the most vital themes within the box of faith within the twenty-first century, pulling jointly a special choice of state of the art paintings
- A concentrated selection of top of the range scholarship presents readers with a state of the art account of the newest paintings during this box
- The individuals are broad-ranging, overseas, and interdisciplinary, and contain historians, political scientists, non secular reports students, sociologists, anthropologists, theologians, students of women's and gender reports and communique
Read or Download The Blackwell Companion to Religion and Violence (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Religion) PDF
Best violence in society books
Among Stalin's loss of life in 1953 and 1960, the govt. of the Soviet Union published millions of prisoners from the Gulag as a part of a wide-ranging attempt to opposite the worst excesses and abuses of the former twenty years and revive the spirit of the revolution. This exodus integrated not just sufferers of prior purges but in addition these sentenced for legal offenses.
Within the Americas, debates round problems with citizen's public safety--from debates that erupt after hugely publicized occasions, similar to the shootings of Jordan Davis and Trayvon Martin, to people who frequently dominate the airwaves in Latin America--are ruled via individuals of the center and upper-middle periods.
In response to media studies, Latin the US is among the such a lot violent areas within the world—a contrast it held in the course of the 20th century. The authors of Violence and Crime in Latin the US contend that perceptions and representations of violence and crime without delay influence such behaviors, growing profound effects for the political and social cloth of Latin American countries.
A clean and interesting heritage of crime and violence in England throughout the place of work of the coroner In his attention-grabbing debut, Matthew Lockwood explores the historical past of crime, murder, and suicide in England over 4 centuries in the course of the place of work of the coroner. whereas the workplace used to be demonstrated to enquire violent or suspicious deaths, Lockwood asserts that the calls for of competing events progressively formed its structures and remodeled England right into a sleek nation just before is often said.
- Resolving Community Conflicts and Problems: Public Deliberation and Sustained Dialogue
- Aggression and Violence: A Social Psychological Perspective (Frontiers of Social Psychology)
- Ethnicity and Violence: The Case of Radical Basque Nationalism (Routledge/Canada Blanch Studies on Contemporary Spain)
- Criminal Justice in International Society (Routledge Advances in Criminology)
- Extreme Politics: Nationalism, Violence, and the End of Eastern Europe
Extra resources for The Blackwell Companion to Religion and Violence (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Religion)