By Bin Liang,Hong Lu,Roger Hood
Read or Download The Death Penalty in China: Policy, Practice, and Reform PDF
Best violence in society books
Among Stalin's dying in 1953 and 1960, the govt. of the Soviet Union published thousands of prisoners from the Gulag as a part of a wide-ranging attempt to opposite the worst excesses and abuses of the former twenty years and revive the spirit of the revolution. This exodus incorporated not just sufferers of previous purges but in addition these sentenced for felony offenses.
Within the Americas, debates round problems with citizen's public safety--from debates that erupt after hugely publicized occasions, reminiscent of the shootings of Jordan Davis and Trayvon Martin, to people who commonly dominate the airwaves in Latin America--are ruled via contributors of the center and upper-middle periods.
Based on media reviews, Latin the US is without doubt one of the so much violent areas within the world—a contrast it held during the 20th century. The authors of Violence and Crime in Latin the USA contend that perceptions and representations of violence and crime without delay effect such behaviors, growing profound outcomes for the political and social cloth of Latin American international locations.
A clean and engaging background of crime and violence in England during the workplace of the coroner In his attention-grabbing debut, Matthew Lockwood explores the heritage of crime, murder, and suicide in England over 4 centuries throughout the workplace of the coroner. whereas the place of work used to be confirmed to enquire violent or suspicious deaths, Lockwood asserts that the calls for of competing events progressively formed its platforms and reworked England right into a glossy country just before is usually stated.
- The History Of Torture (Kegan Paul Library of Arcana)
- The Death Penalty in China: Policy, Practice, and Reform
- Witches, Tea Plantations, and Lives of Migrant Laborers in India: Tempest in a Teapot
- The Routledge Handbook of the Bioarchaeology of Human Conflict (Routledge Handbooks (Hardcover))
- The Dynamics of Violence in Central Africa (National and Ethnic Conflict in the 21st Century)
- Troubled Times: Violence and Warfare in the Past (War and Society - ISSN 1069-8043)
Additional resources for The Death Penalty in China: Policy, Practice, and Reform