By Ralph P. Güntzel
Read or Download The Demigod's City: A Short History of Kassel PDF
Best religious studies books
What's Ecumenism? How and while did it begin? What are its targets and the way will they have an effect on the way forward for the Christian church buildings? This publication solutions those questions and examines the amazing tale of latest encounters among Orthodox, Roman Catholic, Anglican, previous Catholic, and such a lot Protestant church buildings.
A desirable and deeply informative learn that is going means past the conventional ‘all one race’ end. Combines sensitivity with a rejection of ‘political correctness’. This blow-by-blow journey of race-related matters internationally, with amazingly apt anecdotes and analogies revealing a wealth of study and existence adventure, is not like the other production ebook you’ve ever learn.
The historiography of African religions and religions in Africa provides a awesome shift from the examine of 'Africa as item' to 'Africa as Subject', hence translating the topic from obscurity into the worldwide group of the educational research of faith. This publication offers a distinct multidisciplinary exploration of African traditions within the research of faith in Africa and the recent African diaspora.
Pairing cultural research in city contexts with interdisciplinary ways to political tradition, this e-book argues that fresh cultural creation in Spain grapples with the stipulations and probabilities for social transformation in discussion with the continuing challenge, neoliberal governance, and political tradition in Spain's democratic historical past.
- Spirits and Trance in Brazil: An Anthropology of Religious Experience (Bloomsbury Advances in Religious Studies)
- The Congrégation de Notre-Dame, Superiors, and the Paradox of Power, 1693-1796 (McGill-Queen's Studies in the History of Religion)
- A Biblical Approach to Feng Shui and Divination
- Priests, Witches and Power: Popular Christianity after Mission in Southern Tanzania (Cambridge Studies in Social and Cultural Anthropology)
- Body or the Soul?: Religion and Culture in a Quebec Parish, 1736-1901 (Mcgill-Queen's Studies in the History of Religion)
Additional info for The Demigod's City: A Short History of Kassel