By Kenneth Little
initially released in 1974.
Read or Download Urbanization as a Social Process: An essay on movement and change in contemporary Africa PDF
Best anthropology books
The examine of oral traditions and verbal arts leads into a space of human tradition to which anthropologists are more and more turning their recognition. Oral Traditions and the Verbal Arts presents updated information on tips to strategy the research of oral shape and their performances, treating either the practicalities of fieldwork and the tools wherein oral texts and performances may be saw, accrued or analysed.
Sorts of plural marriage, or polygamy, are practiced inside lots of the world's cultures and religions. the superb version, versatility and flexibility of polygamy underscore that it isn't simply an unique non-Western perform, but in addition exists in smooth Western societies. Polygamy: A Cross-cultural research offers an exam and research of old and modern polygamy.
Urbanization is among the most vital method happening in African international locations. This booklet presents a lucid and informative research of the importance of urbanization for social switch in sub-Saharan Africa, which has very important implications for all constructing areas. initially released in 1974.
Written in particular for classes that hide organic anthropology and archaeology, this beautifully illustrated new textual content deals the main balanced and updated creation to our human earlier. Devoting equivalent time to organic anthropology and prehistory, this article exposes scholars to the numerous facets of significant debatable matters, concerning scholars within the clinical inspiration method via letting them draw their very own conclusions.
- The Black Pacific: Anti-Colonial Struggles and Oceanic Connections (Theory for a Global Age Series)
- The Sociology of Elite Distinction: From Theoretical to Comparative Perspectives
- Barcelona: Visual Culture, Space and Power (Iberian and Latin American Studies)
- Anthropology and Art Practice
- The Witch Figure: Folklore essays by a group of scholars in England honouring the 75th birthday of Katharine M. Briggs: Volume 92 (Routledge Library Editions: Anthropology and Ethnography)
Extra resources for Urbanization as a Social Process: An essay on movement and change in contemporary Africa