By Diane Deanda,Rosina M Becerra
- Is battle or highway violence extra nerve-racking for adolescent refugees from the Khmer Rouge?
- What social aid merits do road gangs provide their individuals?
- How do cultural expectancies of female and male roles have an effect on relationship violence?
- What culturally delicate interventions most sensible deal with the wishes of a Latina rape survivor?
- How do ladies of assorted Asian cultures reply to spousal battering?
- How can practitioners operating with elder abuse sufferers outline their roles, targets, and interventions to house cultural differences?The groundbreaking learn in Violence: various Populations and groups offers an illuminating exploration into the cultural which means of violence. by way of wondering regular assumptions and learning what violence potential to people who be afflicted by it and perpetrate it, practitioners can larger serve multicultural buyer populations. This e-book will switch how you see violence by means of supporting you recognize its manifestations inside a number of cultural contexts.
Read or Download Violence: Diverse Populations and Communities PDF
Best violence in society books
Among Stalin's loss of life in 1953 and 1960, the govt. of the Soviet Union published millions of prisoners from the Gulag as a part of a wide-ranging attempt to opposite the worst excesses and abuses of the former twenty years and revive the spirit of the revolution. This exodus integrated not just sufferers of earlier purges but in addition these sentenced for legal offenses.
Within the Americas, debates round problems with citizen's public safety--from debates that erupt after hugely publicized occasions, corresponding to the shootings of Jordan Davis and Trayvon Martin, to people who commonly dominate the airwaves in Latin America--are ruled through participants of the center and upper-middle sessions.
In keeping with media stories, Latin the United States is without doubt one of the such a lot violent areas within the world—a contrast it held during the 20th century. The authors of Violence and Crime in Latin the USA contend that perceptions and representations of violence and crime at once effect such behaviors, growing profound effects for the political and social textile of Latin American international locations.
A clean and engaging historical past of crime and violence in England throughout the place of work of the coroner In his attention-grabbing debut, Matthew Lockwood explores the heritage of crime, murder, and suicide in England over 4 centuries during the workplace of the coroner. whereas the workplace was once demonstrated to enquire violent or suspicious deaths, Lockwood asserts that the calls for of competing events progressively formed its structures and reworked England right into a sleek kingdom prior to is often said.
- Anti-Semitism on the Campus: Past and Present (Antisemitism in America)
- Phases of Terrorism in the Age of Globalization: From Christopher Columbus to Osama bin Laden
- Witnesses to Terror: Understanding the Meanings and Consequences of Terrorism
- Christianity and Genocide in Rwanda (African Studies)
- Violent Conjunctures in Democratic India (Cambridge Studies in Contentious Politics)
- Preventing violence against women and girls: Educational work with children and young people
Additional resources for Violence: Diverse Populations and Communities