By Raymond B. Flannery Jr.
Read or Download Violence in the Workplace PDF
Best violence in society books
Among Stalin's loss of life in 1953 and 1960, the govt. of the Soviet Union published millions of prisoners from the Gulag as a part of a wide-ranging attempt to opposite the worst excesses and abuses of the former 20 years and revive the spirit of the revolution. This exodus incorporated not just sufferers of previous purges but in addition these sentenced for legal offenses.
Within the Americas, debates round problems with citizen's public safety--from debates that erupt after hugely publicized occasions, corresponding to the shootings of Jordan Davis and Trayvon Martin, to people who commonly dominate the airwaves in Latin America--are ruled through contributors of the center and upper-middle sessions.
In accordance with media reviews, Latin the USA is among the such a lot violent areas within the world—a contrast it held in the course of the 20th century. The authors of Violence and Crime in Latin the United States contend that perceptions and representations of violence and crime without delay impression such behaviors, developing profound results for the political and social textile of Latin American international locations.
A clean and engaging background of crime and violence in England in the course of the place of work of the coroner In his interesting debut, Matthew Lockwood explores the heritage of crime, murder, and suicide in England over 4 centuries throughout the workplace of the coroner. whereas the place of work was once proven to enquire violent or suspicious deaths, Lockwood asserts that the calls for of competing events steadily formed its structures and remodeled England right into a glossy nation just before is usually said.
- Counselling and Psychotherapy after Domestic Violence: A Client View of What Helps Recovery
- This Time We Knew: Western Responses to Genocide in Bosnia
- Pogrom in Gujarat: Hindu Nationalism and Anti-Muslim Violence in India
- Human Killing Machines: Systematic Indoctrination in Iran, Nazi Germany, Al Qaeda, and Abu Ghraib
- Facing the Khmer Rouge: A Cambodian Journey (Genocide, Political Violence, Human Rights)
- Engaging with Strangers: Love and Violence in the Rural Solomon Islands (ASAO Studies in Pacific Anthropology)
Extra info for Violence in the Workplace